Appliance Parts Boulder City NV – How to Save Energy with your Electric Domestic Appliances
Have you ever thought about how many electronic devices you have in your home? There’s your TV, computer, lamps, not to mention your fridge, dishwasher, washing machine and cel phone charger. And in a world when we are supposed to be trying to cut down on the amount of energy that we are using, that’s an awful lot of electricity.
We all know that the amount of energy that we are using as an entire world is unsustainable as it is. And whilst there are natural energy sources that we are trying to use more and more, it would also help the environment (and our pockets) if we could find ways to cut down on the energy that we are consuming, through the appliances that we use.
Choose the right appliances
A good way to save energy is by buying the most energy efficient appliances. Depending on the appliance, there can be notable differences between ‘normal’ or ‘high’ energy consumption appliances and ‘energy efficient’ or ‘low consumption’ appliances. These appliances are usually labelled to help you to make the right decision.
Some appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines and refrigerators come with a detailed energy efficiency rating, whereas others do not.
Just because an appliance uses less energy, it doesn’t mean that it is less effective. Just make sure that you do your research before buying.
If you are buying a washing machine or dishwasher don’t just look at the amount of energy that it uses, also look at the amount of water that it uses. There can be a big difference between different models.
You may or may not have bought more energy efficient appliances, but regardless, there are a few things that you can do to ensure that the amount of energy that you are consuming is the least amount as possible.
- Turn off – Although your appliance may have a stand by mode, it actually doesn’t consume much less energy than if your appliance is turned on. So when you’re not using it, turn your appliance off either with the on/off switch, or better still, unplug it from the wall.
- Take the plug out – By leaving phone chargers or other plugs inside the plug socket, they continue to take electricity, so don’t leave chargers etc. inside the plug socket.
- Look after your appliance – Make sure that your appliance is well looked after, maintained and repaired if it needs it. A poorly working appliance will use more energy to get the same amount of effect. If you think that you have a problem with one of your appliances, and you live in Las Vegas, you can get in touch with us here at Nevada Appliance Parts for help in finding parts, or a quote for us to come out and fix your problem.
- Refrigerator Placement – Keep refrigerators out of direct sunlight or other heat producing appliances. This will ensure that the minimum energy is used to chill it.
- Necessary features – If, for example your refrigerator offer a number of features – such as ice makers and water cooling, decide what you feel that you really need, and turn off the rest.
- Full Load – Make sure that you run your washing machine and dishwasher on a full load. Most of the energy that is used in these appliances is for heating water, so get the most out of the energy that you have to use – one full load uses much less energy than two half loads.
- Drying – If you have the ‘air dry’ option on your dishwasher, use this instead of the heat dry. If you don’t have the ‘air dry’ option, just open the door of your dishwasher and let the dishes dry naturally.
- Necessary Use – Only use your appliances when it is necessary. For example, if it is a beautifully sunny day, hang your clothes outside to dry instead of using a dryer. If you only have a couple of pans to wash, wash them by hand instead of putting them through a complete dishwasher cycle.
- Go for Smaller – If you are buying a new appliance, go for the smallest version possible. It is easy to overfill, so by using the smallest appliance for your needs, you are less likely to overfill it, and of course are probably going to use less energy to make it work.
There are a variety of things that we can do to reduce the amount of energy that our appliances consume, in addition to buying energy efficient appliances in the first place. One of the big differences can be found by making sure that you keep your appliance working properly.
Here at Nevada Appliance Parts we can help to find the right part for you, or can repair your appliance for you.
If you are needing appliance repair in Las Vegas, or are looking for appliance parts in Boulder City, NV, why not get in touch with us today?